Thank you for visiting our special Year Two page. Do click on the teachers to reveal the welcome videos!
As you are aware, due to the coronavirus pandemic, our transition and induction arrangements will be a little different this year. As we receive more information from the Department for Education we will update you with more information.
We will also use this site to update you with further information over the holiday so do visit regularly!
Below the Meet your Teacher section you will find our holiday message to our new Year Two children. Do try to complete some of the activities during the Summer break and you can send in pictures of your learning to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A welcome to Year Two from Mr Ismail, the Year Two lead. Mr Ismail will also be taking Foxglove class with Mrs Rehmanji.
This induction PowerPoint will give you information about the Year Two experience and expectations here at Minet Infants. Do take a look.
This presentation will give you an overview of the learning in Year Two from 2019. Do look to see the different types of activities we will be involved in!
This is Mrs Rehmanji who will be taking Foxglove class with Mr Ismail. Do click on her image to find out more!
Mr Gorrod will be the lily class teacher. Click on him to hear his greeting to you.
Miss Potiha will be the Primrose class teacher. Do click on her link to hear her message to you.
This is Miss Carson who will be the class teacher for Snapdragon class. She has recorded a special greeting for you, click on her image to see it.
These are the staff members who will be teaching your children next year. Do click onto each staff member and hear their message to you!
Hello Year Two children
We would like you to try the following activities over the holiday:
- Create and build something from Darrell Wakelam’s project page
There are so many project ideas using recycled material – do take a picture and send it to us via email@example.com
- Try to get close to nature through planting seeds or going to your local park
- Get moving through dancing to your favourite song or following Joe Wicks throughout the summer.
- Don’t forget to read!
- A really useful website is www.oxfordowl.co.uk Register and follow the link for parents. There is a phonics guide, maths games and free e-book library. You can pick the age range appropriate to your child and you will have access to hundreds of on line books.
- Please practise Phonics Sounds ensuring that they are correctly pronounced. If you are unsure, you can listen Mr Thorne on YouTube or Oxford Owl.
- In school we use Phonics Play. This website has a range of phonics based activities. Parents will be able to access our resources using:www.phonicsplay.co.uk or new.phonicsplay.co.ukusername – march20password – home
- Visit www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-game/hit-the-button for maths activities. Children can practise number bonds, doubling and halving.