Thank you for visiting our special Year One page. Do click on the teachers to reveal the welcome videos!
As you are aware, due to the coronavirus pandemic, our transition and induction arrangements will be a little different this year. As we receive more information from the Department for Education we will update you with more information.
We will also use this site to update you with further information over the holiday so do visit regularly!
Below the Meet your Teacher section you will find our holiday message to our new Year One children. Do try to complete some of the activities during the Summer break and you can send in pictures of your learning to us at email@example.com .
A welcome to Year One from Mrs Bhambra, the Year One lead.
This induction PowerPoint will give you information about the Year One experience and expectations here at Minet Infants. Do take a look.
This presentation will give you an overview of the learning in Year One from 2019. Do look to see the different types of activities we will be involved in!
This is Mrs Bhambra who will be taking Lavender class. She is also the year lead. Do click on her image to find out more!
Miss Hassan will be the Orchid class teacher. Click on her to hear her greeting to you.
Miss Sturgess will be the Daffodil class teacher. Do click on her link to hear her message to you.
This is Miss Mohamed who will be the class teacher for Dandelion class. She has recorded a special greeting for you, click on her image to see it.
These are the staff members who will be teaching your children next year. Do click onto each staff member and hear their message to you!
Hello Reception Children….soon to be Year 1s,
We are all so very excited about September and can’t wait to meet you all. We have lots of fun and exciting activities planned for you when you start Year 1. To keep you busy over Summer here are some tasks for you to complete:
Minet Year 1 Active Alphabet Minet Active Alphabet
· Activity Jar Box Half Term Activity Jar Box
· Your teachers would like to learn more about you, particularly regarding how you are feeling about starting in Year 1. Use this as an opportunity to share what you are excited about, what you might be worried about and what you are most proud of from this academic year. We have attached a letter template A Letter to my New Teacher that you can use if you wish. This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your brilliant writing (and handwriting) to your new teacher.
· Please complete the All About Me bunting. All about me bunting
· Your new class teachers have an exciting creative task for you. They would like you to create a self-portrait using any art medium you like or have at home. You might like to sketch a picture of yourself and then colour it in. Alternatively, you might like to paint or collage a picture of yourself. Use this creative activity as an opportunity to express yourself and show off your fantastic individuality. Your teachers would love to see your brilliant artwork.
- A really useful website is www.oxfordowl.co.uk Register and follow the link for parents. There is a phonics guide, maths games and free e-book library. You can pick the age range appropriate to your child and you will have access to hundreds of on line books.
- Please practise Phonics Sounds ensuring that they are correctly pronounced. If you are unsure, you can listen Mr Thorne on YouTube or Oxford Owl.
- In school we use Phonics Play. This website has a range of phonics based activities. Parents will be able to access our resources using:www.phonicsplay.co.uk or new.phonicsplay.co.ukusername – march20password – home
- Visit www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-game/hit-the-button for maths activities. Children can practise number bonds, doubling and halving.